Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happened to get the urge to go to LFS and was lamenting about how I still want a dwarf puffer and... low and behold I look down. I couldn’t believe it! And I just happened to have an empty tank available! I named it Verde not sure if it’s male or female.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
How is Verde getting on?
How have you found feeding and also what do you feed with?
I will be picking one up myself this week as a different desk top work buddy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those little guys are so cute! I have a little orange spotted toby (small saltwater pufferfish) and I love him...he has so much personality; like a little puppy. The only problem with him is that he eats my zoanthids, so I had to take him out of my reef tank, and put him in a FOWLR tank.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Verde is a very picky eater! I ended up having to get him snails. He is eating them quicker than I can keep up lol. He seems to pick at algae and diatoms. Doesn’t really seem to fond of frozen food picks at it just a little. Really cool little fish but high maintenance compared to my Bettas who will eat anything lol!

·
Registered
94 Posts
So adorable! I've always wanted a puffer but I'm not sure I'm ready for the responsibility (or tank size.) Would love to see more pictures of him from time to time.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Verde is a very picky eater! I ended up having to get him snails. He is eating them quicker than I can keep up lol. He seems to pick at algae and diatoms. Doesn’t really seem to fond of frozen food picks at it just a little. Really cool little fish but high maintenance compared to my Bettas who will eat anything lol!
That's pretty cool, I got a 5G spare on my desk that is now fully cycled
Also have two 1 Gallon Windowsill Jars planted with Java Fern, one contains hundreds of pond snails, the other MTS
Basically I have a couple snail factories set up (following hitchhikers)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Ahhhh! a Pea Puffer! congrats! I have two of my own and they are firecrackers =D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts