Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So excited! I knew it was meant to be when the name "Prince (as in Purple Haze) came to me just as I was picking up his cup.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Petco said he was about 6 mos...are EE just called EE's or does their tail have a name like crowntail, veiltail etc.?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I don't think they come in anything but Delta and Halfmoon ^_^

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have him in a 2.5 gallon tonight, but think he just may get a 5-8 gallon soon :)

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Nice find!

I don't think they come in anything but Delta and Halfmoon ^_^
EE comes in all tail types, or could, in theory (I am yet to see a CTEE). The gene that creates EE affects the pectoral fins, not the branching or other fins- so an EE is always EE in addition to whatever tail type they are.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice find!

EE comes in all tail types, or could, in theory (I am yet to see a CTEE). The gene that creates EE affects the pectoral fins, not the branching or other fins- so an EE is always EE in addition to whatever tail type they are.
Do you know what kind of tail he has? He is currently acclimating to his new digs..I will get another pic and hopefully he will flare for me :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't mean this to sound rude so please don't take it that way, but Purple Rain is Prince, Hendrix is Purple Haze........lol... Such a pretty boy he is.... I LOVE the EE's.... Unfortunely, whenever they become available around here I never seem to have the money... He looks like he could be a Rosetail (typically seen in Halfmoons)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't mean this to sound rude so please don't take it that way, but Purple Rain is Prince, Hendrix is Purple Haze........lol... Such a pretty boy he is.... I LOVE the EE's.... Unfortunely, whenever they become available around here I never seem to have the money... He looks like he could be a Rosetail (typically seen in Halfmoons)
oh, you are so right! thankx for correcting me..I was so excited...so, His name is now Hendrix :) lol

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nice find!

oooh i didn't know this! Can VT be EE too then? Also, do they only count as EEs if their pectoral fins are colored vs transparent?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dumb question for newbie- what is an EE?
Not a dumb question at all.... I couldn't figure out what EE meant until I saw it on the label when I got Prince Hendrix, not long ago..EE is Elephant Ear. Any idea what IMO stands for???? I sure don't!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts