Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received today!!

I'm so in love... they are in temporary homes until I finish some aquascaping.
Females will eventually be added to my sorority (except breeding ones) and boys will go to their own tanks.

Big question now is... who's going to participate in my next spawn?
I'm wanting to breed the boy in my avatar with one of these girls. I'm leaning towards the pastel marble (4th pic) but I love the girl on pic 2. The salamander girls need a bit of time before they spawn, though.

Pic 1: 12week salamander male (cant wait to see him all grown up!)
Pic 2 & 3: 12 week salamander females (2)
Pic 4: Pastel Marble female
Pic 5: Pastel marble male

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
They're beautiful! I can tell they're from Karen. She has awesome fish and is so nice. I'm getting a pair of her HMPK juvies in a couple weeks. Been saving a spot for them since I saw her pair. Hoping to spawn them early summer and try my hand at showing their offspring in the fall :).

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Wow very pretty! I love your marble pastel little guy; he's super cute!

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Wow! If you dont mind me asking, where did you get them from?

So they are ALL HM's? The salamander male is going to be fun to watch grow in his fins. You should take progressing pictures of him. It would be nice to see pictures of when he gets older and to his full potential. Salamanders are probably my second favorite in the line of coloration because of their even butterfly pattern and vibrant color!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone!
They are such beautiful babies. I've always loved your fish, Karen and probably always will. I'm upgrading from acrylic to glass aquariums for the boys. I found some I really liked online so they should be here on Friday for me to set up during the weekend... very excited!
Of course, because Karen decided to sneak an extra male in my box now I either have to get another tank or keep using one of my acrylic tanks for one of the boys... decisions, decisions. I'm sooo NOT complainin, btw ;-)
Unfortunately, the second salamander girl died sometime today while I was at work. I can only guess that move was a little too much for her because the rest of the kids are perfectly fine. NEVER happed before with one of Karen's fish, she's the best.
I will definitely post pics when they are all gown up... can't wait!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.