Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at all the post of people attempting spawns and doing ok, nogood, successful...... Any way. if someone had thier heart set on getting a spawn and raising them up, but wasnt doing or couldnt...if they shipped the breeding pair to you as a successful brfeeder, and you were paid to breed them up to shippable size, it is another way to give people success and make yourself some money. what do you think? i know i would be willing to do that with a trusted breeder.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I think a lot of people don't just want the babies, or the fish but the experience of spawning and raising a spawn :) I know I wouldn't trust the shipping with my precious Bettas <3

·
Registered
462 Posts
It's not a bad idea. Personally, I think I'd be too concerned about the risk of the fish dying while not under my care, but that's from the eyes of a fish owner who only keeps them as pets and doesn't spawn...yet anyways! xD

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
As a breeder, the cost of spawning & raising would be WAY too high for anyone to be willing to participate in something like this.
It takes a LOT to raise a spawn and there's almost no return except the gratification of a beautiful fish you have raised and to take that away? Not worth it in my book.
I've read of other breeders lending their breeding pairs but never of rasing fry for someone else so I don't know of someone having done this.

·
Banned
822 Posts
as a pp said - the sheer time, space, and cost of raising spawns would make it impractical. a good shipping size would be around 3 months - raising a spawn for that time would cost the breeding pairs owner hundreds if dollars, and then to ship an entire spawn would also take a huge chunk of change. a better idea would be for a breeder to borrow a fish, keep most of the spawn to sell themselves, and in return send the owner a few of the babies.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
^ +1 to Cajun.
It's $15-$35 alone for shipping. It'd be way too expensive to ship back and forth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts