Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Hi Chester, looks I found your thread. Hmm. Does Chester have white salt spots anywhere or is it just a white spot on his head? If he was or is not covered in white salt spots, then he doesn't have ich. It sounds like he may have skin flukes. This would explain the itching. The white is probably excess slime coat that he is producing in an effort to get rid of the parasites, which are invisible to the naked eye. Betta Revive probably did help because it has ingredients for external parasites but perhaps 3 days was not enough.

Because I'm not very familiar with Betta Revive, I'm not comfortable suggesting you use it for longer than the recommended time; I don't know if that might harm him. Instead, I would suggest you put him in 3 tsps of aquarium salt per gallon for about a week. If your heater is adjustable, turn it up to 86 F. If not, don't worry about it.

I hope this helps you. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
I totally understand, no one tells you until you are hooked that bettas are expensive. Fortunately, bettas don't or can't get hole-in-the-head disease. It's caused by a parasite called hexamita that does not attack bettas. Mostly, big cichlids like oscars get hexamita. One less thing to worry about with these little guys of ours.

Good luck treating both guys and keep us updated.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
You are so right, people don't understand. If they seem boring in the pet stre, it's only because they're stuck in those stupid cups.

And yeah, I know what you mean about rescuing them. I seem to be doing my best, seeing as I now have 18. -__-,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.