Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In two days, I went from having one betta, to rescuing my brother's poor fish, to having two boys waiting on a divided ten gallon to finish cycling. This is dangerous ^____^" Has anyone else been affected so quickly? These two will milk my wallet dry...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I went from 1 Betta (Ben) to 3 Bettas in 3 weeks. Since June I have bought 13 Bettas :) It does die down, the addiction, but it's always there!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heh, I've just gotten into the wonderful world of Bettas, and I'm already addicted! I adore mine, and I have to fight myself from bringing home another every time I go to the pet store.

I almost bought one today, but out of the two I liked, I think one was dead and the other had tail issues. I'm already working on trying to make sure my guy doesn't have a chewed tail/tail rot, and I didn't think taking on a second fish with potential health problems was a good idea when I have zero experience with them, so I put him back. I feel a little bad about it, though. :-(

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Having a sorority helped me a lot, because it was a wonderful way to have many bettas without having to have 7 billion individual tanks. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm a betta-addict but I'm fighting it. The last thing I need are 20 1-gallon bowls in my dorm room! LOL

·
Registered
292 Posts
i've gone from one impulse buy betta from wal-mart in a bowl to a 10g tank with a female and corries and a 3.5g with a male and an adf. I've owned 4 bettas in the past 3 months and i plan on getting another next pay day... i wish someone had warned me, lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha I'm not alone! :D Although, I really wish I would have done research before buying the little guy, so the damn tank would be cycled :mad: at least a 1 gallon bowl is better than his little cup :/ buuuuut, I start work in March so I can pay for my own betta goodies lol. I think two is plenty for now, since my room isn't terribly big (but there's potential spots EVERYWHERE). But Comet really surprised me, he proved that fish really do have personalities c:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
i got hit pretty well also. i got the VT free, my brother won it and didnt care much to take responsibility to keep it. his interest is in dogs rather than fish. three months later i saw Nelliel on AB and just couldnt keep him off my mind to not buy him. then was Osiris in prepartaion for a 5 gal divided. the only thing keeping me from going crazy is limited space of the fish and an obsession for light green marble betta. i havent even gotten or that green obsession.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I recently got bitten by the bug again. I had a betta my freshman and sophomore years of college, but he died. At the beginning of the summer I bought another one and another soon followed. Just recently I was having the exercise EXTREME self control to stop from buying the most beautiful bettas on Aquabid. I think I can stop at 2...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
It's hard but not so hard when my mom steers me away from the fish section in WalMart...And Petco/Smart/Land...Really it's my parents who have kept me down to two fish.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've had my guy for a month, but it's been a constant struggle not to get another one. When I'm home for Thanksgiving break, I'm really tempted to buy a bigger tank and see if my parents will let me divide it so I can have a second betta. :p But yeah, the addiction is bad.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
my betta obsession isnt anything compared to model kit obssession. i have 20 kits, 7 are not yet started, 1 unfinished, and 14 completed. i got atleast 14 of them within 2-4 months. im glad im running out of space to put them any where to stop buying them. i havent gotten one for a while BC too much backlog.

·
Registered
364 Posts
nel I'd be happy to take 1 or 2 of those not started tanks for you, I mean its the least I could do! ;-)

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
nel I'd be happy to take 1 or 2 of those not started tanks for you, I mean its the least I could do! ;-)
thanks for the offer but i do have them on the to do list. they're gundam models and i have a certain obsession with them.
2 of the unfinished kits. the second kit will get a paint job like that of the 3rd.
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/00/gn-007.htm
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/vsastray/ln-gat-x207.htm
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/gat-x207.htm

i have 3 other kits but those are painting and glueing type. there's also a SU-47 (swept forward wings) kit to go on. i have plans to get another gundam kit in the future also. im a big sucker for such gundam kits. too many nice designs, not enough time, space and money for them all

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
o.o" SOMEone seems to like planes *cough* NEL *cough* haha ^w^
Anyways, it's nice to have a hobby for once :) at least there's something to do. I'm actually going to an lfs in a few minutes, but I've been specifically told to not get ANYTHING. This isn't going to be easy... TT~TT but I like this place because all the bettas are in what looks like 1/4 gallon glass bowls, on shelves. They're even kinda heated ^__^; but the bowls looks clean and the bettas are pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
planes are nice, unfortuately 95% of any gundam model kits are 900% more interesting to own VS airplanes for my particular case. my biggest problem is procrastination BC i do paint the gundam kits to an extent. i dont like stickers on the kits.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts