Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
60 litres with 2 blue rams, my cat!
Welcome to the forum!! It's great too see more and more people interested in wilds. They really are awesome fish. I have a Betta Hendra pair, Lex and El.
Have you kept any fish before? If yes, we'd love to see pics!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!! It's great too see more and more people interested in wilds. They really are awesome fish. I have a Betta Hendra pair, Lex and El.
Have you kept any fish before? If yes, we'd love to see pics!!
Hello, and thanks for the reply!
I have had fish since I was just a few years old. Now I'm very old and still have some! LOL! I was fascinated from the first by Bettas and have always loved their color variations and different finiage.
I'm a bit disappointed that colors that used to be quite normal are now considered exotic and cost 5 times what the veiltails cost, but I guess you could call that progress. LOL! The greens and brown colored bettas with the gold fins were and still are at the top of my list of favorites. I have to say I've been wowed by some of the galaxy colorations also. So this will be a fun experience for me to talk to like minded people!
Yes, I have 2 tanks; a 5 gallon and a 20 gallon. I have an old 26 gallon show tank and a custom made 60 gallon in storage, ready for repair of the 26 and reinforcing the stand of the 60. That is a heavy tank! made with 1/2 glass all the way around, and takes 2 men to carry it.
Right now all the fish I have are oodles of guppys, khuli loaches, a few tetras and 2 algae eaters. The one in the 5 gallon outgrew the tank so I'm going to take him to the local Petco since they will take fish in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi and welcome! Here are some photos of my wilds, they鈥檙e a lot of fun. I have 3 different species, Betta mahachaiensis, Betta unimaculata, and Betta edithae.
View attachment 1044506

View attachment 1044513
View attachment 1044512
View attachment 1044514 View attachment 1044518
View attachment 1044517
View attachment 1044516

View attachment 1044515

View attachment 1044509
View attachment 1044507
I need some. These are gorgeous! Which are the blue/green ones?
And you can keep them together????? Wow!

Registered
I鈥檓 assuming you mean these guys?
Water Fin Underwater Fish Marine biology

That would be Betta mahachaiensis, or Betta mahachai for short. They are close relatives of your usual betta & in the splendens complex. You can keep pairs together; I also have their offspring with them but those are being removed as they mature. You still need to make sure that there are ample hiding places, that the male isn鈥檛 a bully, etc. but yes, pairs can be kept together鈥 Honestly, I love the wild species a lot more than domestic bettas, they鈥檙e so much fun and extremely interesting. They can be a lot more robust too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.