Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought another Betta from the lfs near me on Sunday and he acts strange. Especially when a light is on. I'll go up to his tank and hell look right through me like I'm not even there. When I drop in a pellet he will glance at it but ignore it. No clamped fins or anything. All parameters are 0 oh is 7.4 temp 79. He just acts like he doesnt care Im there. I tried different types of food too and got him a betta log but he doesn't care. Is in a 3 gallon my himself. What should I do. Should I bring him back to the lfs? I feel horrorble if I do but if he's going to keep ignoring Me. I mean I don't know if hes even eatting. I know he's not blind. It's just weird he only does things when its dark. Like swim. Oh and when he does swim he's like a zombie its weird not looking at anything. Just swimming slow

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think its the light. He was kept on the bottom shelf in the dark. Did I hurt him by turning on my bedroom light at night? Will he be okay or get used to it?

·
Registered
575 Posts
He's only been home a few days he could be settling in still. Kyon took a few days before he left on side of his tank, he was probably overwhelmed by the size of his new home. I believe the settling in period is about a week to 2 weeks. Give him time and I'm sure he's not delibrately looking right through you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Give him another week or so to get used to his new environment.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could it be because the light? When I got him he was in pitch black. He acts strange when its noght and my bedroom light is on. But if its that will he eventually start acknowledgeing me?

·
Registered
575 Posts
He'll get used to it being lighter. If you have stress coat that might help him settle if he's a bit stressed out. Betta's don't like it to be bright but will need some light. Especially if you have live plants in with him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts