Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got Equinox a ton of weeks ago, I think and again need to know what kind this betta is, I'm awful at detecting tail types and stuff... and he tried to get away, so I couldn't get a good shot

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's a veil tail, but it's really blurry.

EDIT: Is he turning? If he is, he's a veil tail. If his tail fin is just really short, he's a plakat.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure he's a veil tail, but it's really blurry.

EDIT: Is he turning? If he is, he's a veil tail. If his tail fin is just really short, he's a plakat.
yea, he's turning. <----this way. he doesn't like cameras, here's a better pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah he is a veil tail, pretty guy !
thanks, but he seems a little awkward-coloured... one part teal, one part white, (not ammonia poisoning, I tested) one part red (stress?) one part black.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
That looks like a store cup to me... +1 on hoping its not the actual tank. If it is, it needs to be cleaned really badly.

SAME.

Little Leaf, I do know you said that both fish are in good tanks, but I do think they need at least 2 gallons, especially since I'm not sure you can do the appropriate water changes for a 1 gallon yourself.

I myself have a 2 gallon and its rather large.. What you have isn't even a half gallon from what I can see.
And if its a store cup, your fish won't be happy in there at all....

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Once you get him into better conditions, I'm sure he'll color up more :D You might even be the lucky owner of a marble!
yea, sadly, I have to keep him in a little cup (the one that the pet stores give you when you first buy your betta) because my parents lost the tank I kept my goldfish for noruz (a persian holiday, I come from Iran... Iran looks like I ran except together-er, LOL) and they also lost my divider I once had. ARGH!!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
yea, sadly, I have to keep him in a little cup (the one that the pet stores give you when you first buy your betta) because my parents lost the tank I kept my goldfish for noruz (a persian holiday, I come from Iran... Iran looks like I ran except together-er, LOL) and they also lost my divider I once had. ARGH!!
Did you lost the tank before getting the betta?

And what size tank is your other fish in?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SAME.

Little Leaf, I do know you said that both fish are in good tanks, but I do think they need at least 2 gallons, especially since I'm not sure you can do the appropriate water changes for a 1 gallon yourself.

I myself have a 2 gallon and its rather large.. What you have isn't even a half gallon from what I can see.
And if its a store cup, your fish won't be happy in there at all....
I know, I'm trying to save up for a proper tank like King Dedede's (and I felt embarrassed a bit, so I lied a little.) its in a stupid store cup since my parents won't buy me another proper tank or divider. I'm an awful owner... I think I'm gonna give Equinox to one of my friends, if I can... I should never have bought Equinox, my parents said they had a divider... HBUIHBNJHG I HATE MYSELF! EVERYONE HATES ME. :evil:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks like a store cup to me... +1 on hoping its not the actual tank. If it is, it needs to be cleaned really badly.
yea, store cup. not actual tank, just a temporary place until I can find the little guy a proper tank

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you lost the tank before getting the betta?

And what size tank is your other fish in?

I lost the tank after getting the betta... and King Dedede is in... err... I can't measure gallons...

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I know, I'm trying to save up for a proper tank like King Dedede's (and I felt embarrassed a bit, so I lied a little.) its in a stupid store cup since my parents won't buy me another proper tank or divider. I'm an awful owner... I think I'm gonna give Equinox to one of my friends, if I can... I should never have bought Equinox, my parents said they had a divider... HBUIHBNJHG I HATE MYSELF! EVERYONE HATES ME. :evil:

I can assure you I don't hate you.

I just don't think it was wise to buy another betta.
Lying won't accomplish anything, and doesn't make things better. You are dealign with an animal's life so it's best to always be truthful. Lying can be the deciding factor between making an animal die or live. :)

I spent $100 preparing for betta #2, so be prepared to spent around that much to make your bettas comfortable. Tanks can be cheap, until you start working on filters and heaters and water kits. I think if you can't afford a large enoigh tank with eveything, you either want to buy TWO tanks, maybe around 2 gallons so you only have to do two changes a week...

Otherwise it's going to be hard if you're still finding your betta ways, and have two bettas....

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Next time before you ever buy a live animal, make sure you have the necessary supplies. As in you 100%, have seen it, or else it is just bad lol.

The cup is bad though, there is absolutely no way to heat it and you would need to do at least daily 100%s, which is super stressful.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Next time before you ever buy a live animal, make sure you have the necessary supplies. As in you 100%, have seen it, or else it is just bad lol.

The cup is bad though, there is absolutely no way to heat it and you would need to do at least daily 100%s, which is super stressful.

Would it even be wise to do that many changes? Wouldn't it cause more harm than good? I was told something similar when I used to do 3-4 changes a week for Buddha's 2 gallon.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts