Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post pics of my boys... the story goes:

I started with one, cause my house felt lonely and since I can't have a dog/cat where I live, a betta seemed like the best option! Before I knew it... I had 2. Pretty happy with just two boys, Kennex & Dorian but then... I rescued a betta from a co-worker cause she didn't want him any more. So being a responsible betta owner, I went to pick up a tank for my third, and then wouldn't you know, I saw my fourth and couldn't resist! I love my 4 boys! Then I went on holiday and decided that the boys needed those slow release food tablets; just my luck, the pet store didn't have them... but they did have a beautiful boy and I just HAD to have him too! So I came home with another fish tank and a fish. My last fish, is a bit of a "rescue", he's the one that needs the most TLC out of all of them, but I love him anyways!

So here are the photos! Kennex [CT - recovering from a bit of fin rot], Dorian [CT], Baymax [VT] (formerly known as Fred Weasley - the rescue from my co-worker), the Flash [CT], Captain America [VT] (aka Cap) & the Arrow [plakat/short fin - currently being treated for fin rot - saved him from the pet store]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
That is an AWESOME setup!! Your new boys are just gorgeous!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 556210

We have the same tank! :D i got mine recently, I really like it!

All your bettas are beautiful!

Yes! AquaOne makes a great sized tank for betta's. They're not small, but large enough that you get everything needed to make a great home for them!

I had considered getting two of the 3 compartment AquaOne tanks; but I'm quite happy with the 5 boys together like a panoramic and Arrow on his own (for now). They all get a chance to see each other and it means they aren't lonely.

Your betta's are quite stunning too :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yeah, they're good little tanks! I really like how the filters hidden at the back! It seems like a pretty decent filter too!

Yeah, I like how your tanks are placed!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah, they're good little tanks! I really like how the filters hidden at the back! It seems like a pretty decent filter too!

Yeah, I like how your tanks are placed!
I totally agree leedavidford! It's also nice that the parts are interchangeable/similar to set up... Made it easy after I did the first duo tank I have. It's funny how a lack table from IKEA works so well for the set up of 5.... I did angle the tanks slightly though. I wish the lack table were long enough so I could add arrow to the panorama. Maybe I need a new table ;-)

I've swapped Dorian and kennex between the two compartments and flash and baymax between their compartments... Just to allow them to get a different perspective of the house and their brothers.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Your fish are gorgeous!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your fish are gorgeous!
Thank you sadist! My partner loves them too... Although I think he'd prefer if I didn't have so many cause we're running out of spaces to place tanks lol :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get a bigger table I say, then you could add the 3 compartment tank to the mix! :D
yea I thought so too! Not sure if IKEA makes a longer lack table though haha... thought about replacing all of tanks with 2 Betta trio tanks... but at the moment, I'm treating Arrow for illness so I don't want to mix him and make the others sick.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Where did you get your tanks? Gallons? Price? Are lights separate? Have also fallen in love with bettas and currently have two tanks. Would love to get more in future. Nice job with set up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tank specs/brand etc.

Where did you get your tanks? Gallons? Price? Are lights separate? Have also fallen in love with bettas and currently have two tanks. Would love to get more in future. Nice job with set up.
I live in Australia and bought my tanks at the local chain pet shop - City Farmers. They're AquaOne Animates Designer series betta tanks - the duo & mono set up. It comes with the light, heater and filtration system. They're hidden in the back of the tank leaving the fish a separate compartment all to themselves to swim. You just need to add gravel, plants, decor and fish. I'm not sure if it's just an Aus/Nz/UK/HK brand (I find there are different products around the world, as I used to live in Canada) I did some research and they seemed to be the best sized tanks for my betta boys that were reasonably priced compared to size.

They're 11L - approx 3 US gallons for the mono tanks and 20L - approx 6 US gallons for the duo tanks. The set up of 5 I have includes 2 - duo tanks on each end and a mono in the middle - slightly angled to fit on the table.

In Aus pricing I paid approx $59.20 for the mono, and just double that for the duo - on special, regularly they're a about $74 and $138 AUD.

I'll include the photos of the boxes for you as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Forgot to also mention, the pump can be adjusted for a stronger current (if you decide you want to have different fish in the tank instead of betta's). I have mine turned to the second setting as these boys are quite active and strong and don't mind the current, also I've situated my plants so that the current points down toward the plants

I'm attaching an aerial view of what the set up looks like (apologies, the carbon is removed from Arrow's tank as I'm treating him for a fungal infection - but it slots right in).

In the duo tank, there is a black divider (that is built into the tank) and has slits on the top and bottom of the divider for air flow and space enough for 2 betta's to see each other and not be lonely). Apologies for the glare/reflection in some of my photos, there's not a great way to take the photos with natural light or with their overhead light on/off. (As you can see in pic 1 & 3 in Baymax's tank - he can see Flash through the slits vice versa)

If you can't find it in your local pet shop, perhaps maybe ebay or amazon might carry them... happy hunting! <3

Attachments

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Thank you so much for info. I need to upgrade to bigger tank. Loved the look of those and especially fact that equipment did not cut into swimming space. I will definitely be on look out around here.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
You're welcome! I like the tanks even more now that I see how they work. No worries about your fish getting caught in a moving part in the filter since it's walled off like that.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Thanks for input. Silly question how do I set up a profile pix?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Thanks

1 - 20 of 235 Posts