Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my last betta was not much of a bubble-nester. He blew me two or three nests in his lifetime I'd say and just was too interested in other things to tend to the bubbles.

This betta is a bubble champion, but I don't think he 'gets' it! :lol:

I will watch this fish work and work and work blowing bubble after bubble to build a nest..Then I will watch him disect it and scatter the bubbles around the tank. Not building other nests. Just little clumps of 1-4 bubbles almost evenly spaced throughout the entire top of the tank. It's almost like he's planning to have his bubble nest fill the entire tank and is just spreading out the bubbles to plan the 'construction'

Or else I have no idea what he's doing.

He's doing it right now, and adding extra bubbles in places where there is no nest. Hard at work being random.

:shock: I'll have to post a picture, but it's sort of hard to capture exactly how many bubbles there are and the fact that yes--he did this on purpose, it's not filter bubbles.

He did this yesterday and is tending to each individual 'nest' like a total nut!

Anyone else have a betta do this?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Lol, that is very cute. Apollo used to build his nests around the outlet of his filter (it was a thin slide that the water poured off in a tiny waterfall). Of course, the bubbles would get blown down by the current, then bob back up into the nest again. He obviously thought that they were escaping eggs, because he'd chase them down and back up again like an anxious mother. Very cute. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.