Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday I got a marble vt. Yesterday I went to walmart, I was looking for a few new plants and decor for blinkys tank, and I made the mistake of looking at the bettas, the first shelf had nothing that interested me, so I went over by the sink to look at the females and they had 3 that were very young and very small. I wasn't planning on getting another since I had just gotten Koi but she caught my attention and I just had to have her. Once she gets a little bigger I will be putting her in my ten gallon.

If anyone could tell me her color and breed and if she is even a she is she. I think she is, but not sure since I didn't see an egg spot, but being her light color I could easily have missed it.

And if anyone has suggestions for names that would be awsome! I am looking for something japanese.

I apologize for the large pics

And one of Koi since I like to show him off :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Oh wow, she's a cutey!!!! she looks so tiney!!!!
See how she is after a couple days of settling in... then maybe see if you can get a picture of her flaring...

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is! I think she is under an inch. She is very very small!
I will try, but the first one I think is her flaring since she seen her reflection. But I will give her a mirror tomorrow and see if i can get anything better, as well as a pic of her decorated tank.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
wow she is so tiny!! And super cute!

·
Registered
442 Posts
They are both lookers! Congrats on the new addition! I remember Walmart started me on the betta craze a little over 10 years ago when they had a really nice lady who really knew her stuff about fish. Its nice to know that some walmarts still carry fish as most in this area have made them obsolete. Good luck with the baby :) Lu

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I measured and she is 1inch. And very cute! I was watching and she yawned it was so adorable! I sorta wish my wal-mart wouldn't sell them as most of the time they get to many and they are usually not taken care of all that well. But she is my third walmart betta.
Any ideas on her breed and color?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts