Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edit* i meant "never" not "ever" XD

Well this mourning one of my females "Sylvia" made me a nest :lol: i started to have second thoughts of her being female, but i remembered that some females DO make nest :) Then later i was going out to a park :roll: i was getting ready and i saw this:

i even done a video:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=450376231654388&set=vb.100000460449071&type=2&theater
so later i left, and i come home to see this:

a whole cluster of eggs!!! :shock: this is the first time i ever saw this, i heard of it before but never thought i'll have a female to do it :lol:i thought i should share. so anyways do i just remove them or what?? i don't know what to do :|

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Interesting, I knew females sometimes built nests, but I didn't know they would put eggs in the nest. I though only the males did that. I don't think it would hurt to leave them after all they aren't fertilized so no chance of them hatching. Thanks for sharing! Learn something new every day!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now i have to fatten her up again :p lol
yeah i know they ain't fertilized :) thank goodness though, haha i have no foods yet ;D

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
my Caroline used to do that. build nests and put eggs in them. .3. then, she'd tend to them, then eat them. :V

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what Sylvia did XD she probably ate them awhile i was at school today :p it was an awesome sight though :) pretty cool how females could be like males

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
So I go to feed my babies for the night and look what I found! Velvet, in her own little tank, 3 feet away from the nearest male did the same thing! There us a bubble nest in the middle of her tank and there are eggs in it. She even looks chunky. total hahahaha moment. Even my bf was a little confused. I love the pic, she's looking at me like "whaaatt??"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts