Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be breeding my white double tail male. I am currently conditioning him but I do not know who I want to breed with him. What say you?

Here is my male

This is the white HMPK female

White and red butterfly HM

Orange and black HMPK female

Royal blue marble HMPK female

And the black CT female.

I also have a red CT female that I don't have a picture of

·
Registered
619 Posts
Orange and black HMPK female

·
Registered
354 Posts
Orange and black HMPK. She is a beauty :D

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't breed him.
Your male has a crooked spine and very short body. These are traits that can lead to deformities in the fry.
That orange and black female has great coloring!
Agreed. The short body, and crooked spine is likely to carry to the fry and the fry are likely to be deformed.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Dont be discouraged, its hard to find a good DT. Hes a pretty pet :). With his short body he'd probably have a hard time wrapping a female properly. Do you have any other males?

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
bl1507- build the house, then paint it.

I'd go with the HM male and the orange marble HMPK female.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
and I agree about the anal fin being too long. I bought him off a breeder in another state. He sent me pictures before hand but I'm pretty sure he delivered another fish. Whatever. If I want to improve the anal fin, would breeding a HMPK help?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Yes it will help, it just might take a few generations. Your black does have a massive dorsal.

I'm a DT fan and would love to breed my fish to one but haven't found one I liked yet. Plus I have a few high quality fish here I should concentrate on first... it's just so hard to keep your betta numbers down.

Here's the pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yes, there is definitely a spinal issue in the DT. It also appears as though the steel blue is a rosetail carrier. I would rather breed the black with the longer anal fin than the RT steel, for the sake of deformed fry with short ventrals, short bodies and bad scaling. I'm also partial to black bettas, so perhaps you can find a black copper HMPK female and focus your line on shorter anal fins. =)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.