Betta Fish Forum banner

What do you think about my setup/ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have been thinking about getting 1 or more Baby Bettas from Petco.

I would like to get 2, & see how they coexist, to prepare me for breeding.

I have 3 tanks, a 1 gal corner, a 3 gal tall, & a 1.5 gal. I would put them in the 3, & keep the water level lower so they can breathe. I have an air bump & the 3 has built in airline tubing that runs to the bottom of the tank & then bubbles, & plenty of silk plants.

If I did get 2, should I quarantine them before putting them together?
If I need to, I might have 1 be in the tank, & 1 in a cup floating in the tank, & alternate them each day & night. What do you think? I am really excited, I hope this would work.

Would artificial (silk) plants be okay?
I might buy a marimo ball if someone has them for sale at a low price & good quality.... ;)
(the marimos at Petco are $9 apiece. :neutral: )

Please respond!!!
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
They should not be kept together. Baby bettas require more thorough care than adult bettas. They need really good food like NLS grow formula MUST be kept warm.. a little warmer than adults so 80-82ishF, 2 gallons minimum for sure and it is IMPERATIVE to keep ammonia to a zero, so I would do 50% water changes daily and 100% by day 3 or 4 in that size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.