Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a 1.5 gallon tank that runs between $20 and $30 new. I got it for $6 with filter, light, food, conditioner, net etc.. So anyways new tank means I need another betta. Yeah right. So anyways my mom went to another store while I walked into petco praying nothing would jump out at me. We are moving in like a month and so I didn't want to get another one, but having such a nice tank empty was driving me mad. So I went in looking for a halfmoon or delta since I know some do better in smaller tanks due to their tails, that and I was sick of VTs. I really wanted a white delta and they did have one. They also had some beautiful DT one black and one black marble. So while browsing I noticed this guy, I checked his price and said no way! $17 something. Came up to around $18. I couldn't believe how much he cost. But while looking I just kept coming back to him. So I caved and bought him. I stuck him in my purse so my mom wouldn't see him right away and then I asked her not to kill me. She just shook her head and I am banned from petstores...at least their is still walmart lol
But anyways this is no name a marble king plakat. In the car I realized what drew me to him. His baby face and blue eyes. Anyways I am in love with this guy. He won't be staying in his tank forever once we move he will get either a 5 gallon or ten gallon. Will have to decided. He is around 2 inches but I am going to assume he is young and has some growing to do yet. He is really big though lol. Sorry for the super long post.

Any name ideas are appreciated. Something japanes would be great.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Awww! What a cute story! Sounds like he chose you. :) I like the name Hercules or Luki. :)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They always do. I try to never take a betta if it isn't interested in me. My one girl I just got because well she was cute. We get along, but don't have much of a bond like I do with my other fish. The 2 in my sisters room I don't care much for either, but something about them caught my sisters eyes so I am not complaining. They chose her. I was so mad about the DTs though. I wanted them so bad and they were cheaper, but they just weren't interested in me. totally ignored me. I had to respect that and went with the guy who did seem to like me.

I do like the name Luki...will consider.

·
Registered
109 Posts
LOL this is exactly what happened to me >< I went in wanting a Plakat and ended up with a HM King >< I only have the one betta now though :p

He just seemed to have the best personality and... he was nose to tail in his little cup and had to curve his body to fit. I think he is pretty old, but he is spunky. My boyfriend even fell in love with him.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol I have been wanting a marble plakat, just something smaller that could live in the tank permenantly. I used to think the kings were scary looking. The first time I saw them I was like no way these things are scary. Actually I still think that about some of them, but not this guy. I think he has such a baby face lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, he is adorable ><

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Love him! No name suggestions though. :(

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aww. He really needs a name.

·
Registered
84 Posts
hes adorable but at the same time he looks sneaky id name him lucifer he could be a little devil you alway gotta watch out for the cute ones lol ;)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol maybe he is lol but lucifer just isn't quite right. he seems like he will be really sweet lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you want a Japanese name I could help! (Half Japanese and lived there until recently) It would help if you could tell me about his personality or a word that describes him.....then I can translate it and give you the Kanji too. Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Riku is from Blood +. Not sure if you have seen that anime but he is a sweet little boy in there. I'm not sure if that is Japanese either

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay. He is curious, shy, and friendly. He seems very sweet and I think would do well in a community tank. Non aggresive. His eyes are blue and white. He is large with some metallic or dragon scaling.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never seen the anime, but I mostly just read manga. So far my fav is Akio but still not sure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Interested to see what Wildflower comes up with :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
then if u want a cute name poseidon lol

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol there are a lot of fish on here named Poseidon. Not agains the name as I love greek mytholigy, but would like to keep up my japanese name theme.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
He is one of the nicest looking kings I have seen. I did see a huge dragon red/white HMPK once.

I had a few that were named after anime characters at one point too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Okay, I have talked to my dad who is 100% Japanese and he likes the name Kinzoku which means metal fragment or metallic coloring. There is also Mizu which translates to water. Those were all we could think of at the moment.....but if you have any other sugestions to go by we can brainstorm some more!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love Kinzoku! Thank you for the help!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts