Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG.. I could jump out of my skin right now. I won my first aquabid auction :-D someone tried to out bid me so I went $6.00 over what I set as my maxiumum but I think he's worth it...

This is my newest breeding male..

He's got a little fin damage from showing but I'm okay with that. If I get the female I'm also bidding on they will produce Mustard Gasses (blue/yellow bi-colors), Blues, Multis, and MELANO!! (aka Black).

His breeder is Karen MacAuely (aka MartinisMommy). I had an email conversation with her yesterday evening. She's really helpful and great to work with if anyone is looking to get nice HM Multicolors or marbles. http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashm&1283369852

He is my early birthday present to myself and I think he's worth the extra cash it took to get him.

Fingers crossed on the female.. her auction ends in 2 hours :shock:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I am seething with jealousy right now.

That is so close to my dream betta! ;_; Good for you, for winning the auction! I hope he arrives safe!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
His color is lovely, you might want to pair him with a female with more moderate finnage and a nicer dorsal to even out the finnage in the fry. Did you bid on the sibling female for him? I saw she had one up for auction as well. If you don't end up getting her, it would be interesting to breed him with a female with blue masking on the face since masking is a pretty big trend right now. It would definitely be a goal of mine if I were working with him.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$28.76. My limit was going to be $22.

I have a bid in on the female but the same person who tried to out bid me on him is trying to out bid me on her (which I think is kind of rude considering they obviously go together). I can't go much higher for the female.

I did bid on the female for him. If I don't get her I'm going to have to see if MM has another suitable girl or else I'm going to have to try to find another female. I really want a melano geno girl.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Wow he is amazing and beautiful!Congrats on your new boy!I hope you get the girl too go with him!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah that's me... I suck with coming up with user names. I've been re-loading the page frequently and I'm trying to wait until closer to the end to up my bid because I can't go much higher. I just barely managed to get the male.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I GOT HER!!!! :-D

That was the longest hour of my life but I got her! Its a good thing I'm working extra hours on Labor Day because these two are going to make me broke.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I'm going to try to spawn them ASAP. I need to get my cultures growing well but I want to try a spawn soon.. maybe by the end of this month. I may try to do a double spawn again and then just mix the fry once I remove the fathers. That way I can also breed Prince but won't have to have two growout tanks. The male was just recently shipped to and from a show (which is how his tail got damaged) so I may give him a month to chill out and recuperate before trying to spawn him.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
YAY!!! WOOHOO!!!
Congratulations on the great pair!!
I was hoping you would get both, they'll make a stunning pair!
I introduced my thai pair today and the male was showing off to the female. The female is still in the jar and I might release her tomorrow if the male works on his bubblenest overnight. I left them at my new place so I'll find out tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts