Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for a Betta to get Ich more than once?

I remember reading that after curing a Betta of Ich, that it does not occur again. I ask because after doing a water change today, I put the light over my Betta's tank to check him out, and there were three tiny white dots on his body. They're really small and hard to see unless in the light at the right angle, but I can't tell if they're just tiny bubbles on him or if he has Ich again, and I'm incredibly stressed out.

So, I'm wondering if I should start taking some sort of preventative measures now or wait and see. Is there a chance he has the parasite again, or just probably something stuck on him that will go away? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
The parasite can be reintroduced to the tank, sure. Or it could have been an incomplete treatment before. Or they could be gas bubbles. If more show up then it's probably ich. Ich is very easy to cure, so don't stress yourself out about it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The parasite can be reintroduced to the tank, sure. Or it could have been an incomplete treatment before. Or they could be gas bubbles. If more show up then it's probably ich. Ich is very easy to cure, so don't stress yourself out about it.
Should I get some medicine prepared or just get ready for some heat treatment?

I'm trying to calm down, it's just my Betta really struggled with Ich about a year ago and it was a really stressful experience.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Catching it early like you have is key. I would wait to see if it is ich or bubbles and then treat with heat if it's ich.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.