Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was specifically looking for lake Malawi tank mates for my community because my socolofi, electric yellow and acei needed another frienemy :p

Just kidding about "frienemy" - they do enjoy chasing each other through the silk plant "forest" and into the caves and logs. :)

So anyway at Petco I instantly fell in love with this little guy and the aquarist there couldn't remember what kind s/he was but we both knew Malawi because of the body shape.

ID please? :) thanks!!

These two I took in my tank and the last is a close up off the internet because I wouldn't be able to get that much detail.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Looks like am OB Peacock cichlid. It's an African.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U know this is a betta forum right? Go on a cichlids forum if u want more people to reply.
Yes, I do know bettafish.com is a betta forum and I specifically posted in the other fish section because that is where this topic belongs. I just didn't want to sign up for yet another forum.

*sigh* :(

Thank you jeaninel for answering my question :)

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
You can also check out Tropicalfishkeeping.com since Bettafish.com is just a branch of that site. (the mother ship so to speak). There's a huge section in there on Cichlids too. Fortunately many of the TFK members cross back and forth so... Jeaninel was able to answer this for you! Very pretty.

And many of us who cross over to both forums do so because we keep both regular tropicals and bettas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts