1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wow you are amazing at photography !

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Stunning photography. The pair is beautiful too. Is the male a giant? The female is just dwarfed by him.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stunning photography. The pair is beautiful too. Is the male a giant? The female is just dwarfed by him.
thanks, i suspect that he is, though he wasnt purchased as one. the female is also a bit smaller than the rest of my girls, so she could be a runt. hopefully the pair's characteristics will even out in the offspring.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What beautiful pictures and fish too!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amazing pictures! Seeing the scales so clear and crisp and in focus! I wish I could take pictures like that!! ;)
Thanks. Patience and luck is the name of the game. I went through 60+ shots in order to produce those nine. Post processing with brightness/contrast, hue/sat, and color balance in Photoshop are staple tools of the trade.

I used a cannon rebel 20ds with a standard 15-50 mm lens. Proper lighting, manual focus, and right aperture go a very long way.

Your avatar looks well composed though. :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amazing fish. Do you have a spawn log up for these 2 beauties?
not yet. i dont want to count my eggs before they hatch, especially with this male. the first two times i attempted to spawn with him, he failed egg tending and fry rearing the first time, and failed to spawn with a receptive female (she was in the s-position and trying to embrace with him). so far, he seems surprisingly attentive so if all goes well tomorrow (eggs should have hatched today but didnt, hoping they are actually fertilized), i'll start one up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks. Patience and luck is the name of the game. I went through 60+ shots in order to produce those nine. Post processing with brightness/contrast, hue/sat, and color balance in Photoshop are staple tools of the trade.

I used a cannon rebel 20ds with a standard 15-50 mm lens. Proper lighting, manual focus, and right aperture go a very long way.

Your avatar looks well composed though. :)
I cannot take credit for that. It's just a random image I found on a photo site that I really liked.

I only have my trusty iPhone as a camera lol. Once you get into talking about lens and aperture and that stuff, I am completely lost! I'd like to learn more about photography actually - just where to find the time in the day ;)

Awesome pictures. Please keep posting more for us!! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
not yet. i dont want to count my eggs before they hatch, especially with this male. the first two times i attempted to spawn with him, he failed egg tending and fry rearing the first time, and failed to spawn with a receptive female (she was in the s-position and trying to embrace with him). so far, he seems surprisingly attentive so if all goes well tomorrow (eggs should have hatched today but didnt, hoping they are actually fertilized), i'll start one up.
Fingers crossed for you. Will follow the log if you end up posting - especially with anticipation on seeing those photo skills used on fry pics!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts