Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey can anyone tell me what this is....

Today^

5 months ago

The water conditioner

The food

How many gallons is your tank? 20 gallons long split in half.
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What temperature is your tank? 80
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Does your Betta have tank mates? A Female Betta
What kind?

Food:
What food brand do you use? I bought him from a independent seller and he sells food so I just keep getting it from him.. never asked..
Do you feed flakes or pellets? The one food Looks like a mix of both in one container it has green pellets red ones and some flakes but not the traditional goldfish flakes I know of and that's the only way I could describe what's in that and the other is a mix of pellets and what looks like are freeze dried or dehydrated red pieces
Freeze-dried? Idk I think
How often do you feed your Betta? Twice a day but I skip a day ever week
How much? About three to five pellets he's not a big fan of the frozen food or maybe he's just sick I don't know.

Maintenance:
Before
your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? 30% bi-weekly
What percentage of water did you change? 30%
What is the source of your water? Spring and a gallon of treated tap water
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? Vacuum
What additives do you use? (As pictured) What brand of conditioner?

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one

I know fine and safe won't work but I've been doing a 30% water change by weekly. I Noticed this after I took my fish and changed them from the 10 gallon to the 20 and I put both of them in but I didn't have a screen wide enough so she was getting into his side of the tank messing with him and I didn't catch them till late at night so I had to deal with that and I didn't notice nothing wrong with him until a day or so later when I hit me like I should check him to see if he's all right and I seen that but it didn't look like he had experienced any trauma because he's a white color and I assume I would see that as you can see there's a little green there also..

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness (GH):
Alkalinity (KH):

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? 4 days ago
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? Not since the day I bought him a couple days after that he turned a more butterscotch color
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? honestly he has a bubble nest so he gets around so it's I don't think it's messing with his swimming or anything he's he's constantly building at it it's been almost a week he's been building
Is your Betta still eating? Yes
Have you started treating your Betta? No If so, how?
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? No
How long have you owned your Betta? 5 months
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased? I don't think so

I did try to introduce them to each other because he was nesting and they were all right for maybe 10 seconds and then she just wouldn't stop following him and he backed up and he was he swam to a corner and just like almost stood there like lady leave me alone and she wouldn't and he turned around and flares at her and I couldn't see anymore so I just I said forget it I'm not going to try that. It was the same day I did the tank change, I put the screen in and wedged it in there not knowing that she could slip right in and like I said she must have got in couple times I guess, so at this point I just observing what she was doing at the same time trying to fix the divider she just kept getting into the side making eye contact even trying to sneak up on him. It's like he would turn his back to her knowing she was coming and then wait for her and then he would go give chase and she would slip out and then he slipped through to her side because I was still trying to get this screen in, and I was like you know what I got to get this new screen so I just left the divider in the tank as is propped up. Ain't got them the divider.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,183 Posts
Can you circle which area you mean? Also, we need this form completed so we won't be guessing. Thank you.

·
Registered
"Buddy"
133 Posts
Is it possible he's a marble? Maybe it's my eyes (actually due an eyetest even tho I've been joking about it) or the photo is a lil blurred but it doesn't look immediately dangerous or like a wound to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like it spreading I don't know all I know that it said dumbo eared I've seen some crazy transformations of other betta but the only thing that gets me is a little part of it's like green as you can see he's bubble nesting and I hope that's a good thing with all considered.. thanks for the reply.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,183 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! (y)

If he is eating and active I would just keep an eye on him. Unless the area starts looking red (as in bloody), fuzzy and/or he slows down on eating or activity it is most likely just a color change.

If you wish to breed him, you might find the Breeding and Showing section useful. In addition to general information in the stickies, we have several breeders who are always happy to answer questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts