Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (reply in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My massive betta is not eating. He just got put into a new tank because I thought that a 5 gallon was not quite big enough for him because he just keeps growing. He is even blowing bubble nests the size of california. (not really lol). They are actually about 1 foot long, 6 inches wide, and 1 inch tall. NOT KIDDING... I let it do the nitrogen cycle and all that jazz. He does not seem to sleep either. I turn off the light at night. Is the new, somewhat louder filter keeping him awake? He has been in for almost a week now and hasn't eaten and I am starting to get worried. The food used to just swirl around, the get sucked up by the filter but now I turn it off when he is eating. I have fed him blood worms and 2 brands of food. Is he eating the algae or the live plant? HURRY LAWRENCE IS MAKING ME SICK WITH WORRY:oops:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does Lawrence have a heater? Your signature makes it sound like he might not. If he doesn't, I would really suggest it. It could be that the temp is too low in the tank which can cause digestion problems and that may be why he doesn't want to eat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He does have a heater and the levels are just right

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That signiture is out dated from his old smaller tank where the heater was under the gravel... It is true though

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Have you tried soaking his food in garlic?

You said the levels are "just right" but what are they exactly? Also, how long do you turn the filter off when you turn it off? How long did you cycle, and how did you cycle?

How old is he?

What is the temp of the tank?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol!!! Belive it or not the big led light was blinding him because it was soo bright!!!! No worries now!!! Thanks anyway though

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ammonia and nitrate are at 0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.