Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an idea swirling in my mind for a couple of days now, i bought an antifungal and an antibiotic to counter ich, popeye, etc. (fortunately my betta is healthy and in no need of them)

So i was thinking if it would be recommendable to place a couple of drops after a water change, sort of like a vaccination, or would it be counterproductive to the health of the fish to do it, and only use the products in case of the fish being ill?

What are your thoughts/experience on the matter?
Thanks for your help and insight

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Often adding medication when not needed can do more harm than good-especially in non therapeutic dosages.....you can create resistant, compromise antibody development to name a couple of reason why its not a good idea......

Best prevention....maintain water quality, proper temp and good nutrition to support a healthy immune response.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the answer.
I do keep water quality and temperature that is comfortable for him (and entertained too! heh) and good food.
It is good to know, as i was not sure if what i was thinking was a recommendable thing to do. Thank you again for your answer to my doubt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.