Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dumbo pair I think could give me some nice fry if the male can do his job.

Today I was at petsmart looking the fish over . They had some nice ones and I must say they were in better shape then PetCo fish and that is rare for my area. I saw what was being called just a Dragon scale male. I noticed he was much more then that. He had the big ears. I wanted a dragon scale dig ear and this guy was under $10. So I got him I am sucker. I think he is a bit deformed but I don't care I am not going to breed him.

What do you guys think is he really deformed or is it just me? The shape of his head is too round but I think that it is kind of cute that way. His tail fin looks a but deformed too but maybe that was caused by living conditions. His body is nice and long and his top line seems pretty good. But his head?

would you call him a Dragon scale? I think he is a HMPK Big Ear. But dragon I am not sure.
I just got today This is the Best I could get for a flare shot.

Scale shot

tail shot

His tiny round head.

·
Registered
207 Posts
He's gorgeous thank you for giving him a home :)

He looks fine to me but maybe someone here with more experience can help you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
He looks like he needs some fatting up! He is beautiful though! I would ask some of the breeders on the breeding bettas forum if were you.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He looks like he needs some fatting up! He is beautiful though! I would ask some of the breeders on the breeding bettas forum if were you.
yeah he needs to fatten up.

thanks I will take it to the breeding section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts