Betta Fish Forum banner

I'm an old timer betta lover.

877 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  rjquick2013 
#1 ·
I've been around for a long time, and have always been a fan of betta fish. They fascinated me when I was a teenager and I always had a few around. I even bred some together but couldn't seem to get things right for the fry to grow up.
Anyway, it is fun to find this forum and I hope I might be able to contribute a few things here and there.

#4 ·
Hi and thanks for the great welcome! I'm glad I found this place. Mainly just happened by accident.
My only betta just perished yesterday. I have had quite a few in the past, and really love them. I do have a bunch of constantly reproducing guppies, and a few tetras and khuli loaches. That's about it until I can find a place for my 60 gallon tank.
Right now I'm saving my pennies for the more rare and exotic bettas that occasionally show up on ebay for sale.
I've done some research, and if that info is all accurate, you can keep 2 or 3 pairs in a large enough tank sometimes. Depending of course on the type. And just how much they don't fight with each other. I really don't want to have to pay 200 or 300 for a few pairs of them only to find them dead in the tank soon after getting them. I'll probably just start with the chardo something or other bettas. Gorgeous fish in the pictures anyway.

#5 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing you betta adventures . . .
Don't forget to spam us with pictures 😁
I will be sure to once I get my new bettas. I plan to get the rare type which are reportedly not as aggressive as the splendens. Which I do love but now I've found out the 5 gallon police exist I most likely won't be putting any in my 2 gallon 2 place betta tank nor the 1 gallon easy cleaning betta habitat. LOL!

#6 ·
There are no tank police here. You can keep them in 2g or less as long as you keep up with water maintenance.

If it is a splenden, it's more about individual character. They are instinctively territorial, some more aggressive than others. Maybe you are talking about other betta species.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.