Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm back after leaving the forum for around 6 months. :S
Bart is actually sick currently. I found what I believe to be water lice in his tank and he has been biting his tail. But I have all that on another thread under the betta emergencies section.
By the way, how long do bettas generally live?
I have had bart for about 1 year 6 months, and I heard they sell them at the store when they are about 1 year old.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I thought this thread was "I'm Black!"... I need to go to bed now...

I have heard of them living to be 9 years. Pet stores definitely don't sell them at 1 year old! More like 3-6 months old... I would say Bart is probably around 2 years old.

I have a 6 month old, one who is 9-12months (don't know exactly), and my girl is 10-12 months (not sure yet again). All 3 are still babies in my eyes! I expect them to die of old age in YEARS.

Of course genetics play a big part in things. "Old age" can be 3 years old in some of them. "Old age" can be 10 years in some. Just depends on the fish and what their genetics are.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My friends betta is around 7 years old,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok! Thanks for the info! I was under the impression that they only lived 2-4 years! Of course I did get him at Walmart (Grr) in that dreaded blue chemical water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts