Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
help/suggestions about filter/tank would be GREAT! about ready to pull hair out!

I just got the tetra whisper filter & the intake is a little too strong for my betta and i don't know what to do about it. i set his tank up differently right now and i dont know how i'm going to like it with the filter. i seriously need a freaking bigger tank but i dont wanna spend the money when i have a 5gallon tank, but my friend is just using it. like i don't know what to do. esp about the intake. i want to be able to run my new filter all the time but not if it's gonna kill him/suck his fins up. any suggestions? ):

(ignore the double filter, i'm just trying to get the water moving/clear)

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have aqua clear filter insert foam and i tried making a circle cut out and sticking it in the bottom of the intake and it made big loud bubbles.

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you baffle filters, don't they work less? I am trying to tinker with my baffle experiments.

·
Registered
448 Posts
To a point but a simple sponge over the intake and output if you wish to do both shouldn't hinder the filter from being effective.

·
Reference Team
7,703 Posts
Are you talking about that Tetra sponge filter? That is the stupidest design I can imagine. The flow of water doesn't even pass over the filter media.

Take out the filter pad and run it in a bowl. You'll see that the bubbles come out the top of the pipe, not at the bottom of the filter chamber.

I cannot believe Tetra continues to sell this bogus product.

The best that can be said is that the pump is not annoyingly loud. But then, it isn't very strong, either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts