Betta Fish Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im done with fish. never going back to them. I CANT DO ANYTHING RIGHT! im so mad at myself. ill be selling the rest of my stock via aquabid :cry: goodbye guys.. im quitting this forum too

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Oh no... What happened?? Im here if you need someone to talk to :-(

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I told you im DONE! im not coming back relic. no matter what anyone says. I cant do anything right. in the past 3 days ive lost a red dragon pair. 3 HMPK boys and a HMDT male.. ive killed 6 fish in 3 days. im so stupid and cant do anything right

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
So sorry all this has happened, you have a lot to deal with and I will miss you being here, let me know if there anything I can do. :-(

I second that...:yourock:

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I'm so sorry Blake.
Just take a break, or don't handle so much at once. Everyone loses fish.

If you still decide to leave, I'm sorry. Well miss you. ):

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well thats just horrible and im sorry it had to happen!! You will be missed, you were so helpful! ),:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I told you im DONE! im not coming back relic. no matter what anyone says. I cant do anything right. in the past 3 days ive lost a red dragon pair. 3 HMPK boys and a HMDT male.. ive killed 6 fish in 3 days. im so stupid and cant do anything right
EVERYONE looses fish...You're trying to create a whole world inside a tiny glass box! It's not easy. If you have to start from scratch, so be it. Learn what you did wrong the first time and try to correct it or keep it from happening again.

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Keeping and Breeding this species can get really frustrating and it can be heart breaking at times. But sadly its part of the game...you are going to have failures...we all have them...Sometimes you have to take a step back and reevaluate everything and sometimes you have to start over.

But now you have more knowledge-made some mistakes-learned from them...Now its time to move on with the knowledge so that you can be successful.....

One thing I have seen with a lot of new breeders-it that they take on too much too soon. Pick one type of Betta-one color and work with just that one and resist temptation to add anything else.....Once you have a few success under your belt-then add to the mix...but don't give up...take a break...but don't give up....we all have failures...its what we do with these failures that matter.......

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've lost over half of my fish within a matter of weeks 35 fish just gone

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mo, listen. I dont want you to feel like this is your fault. I knew the risks i was taking when i said you could borrow him. Yes, he was my favorite.... but i dont want this to ruin the hobby for you. Im not mad at you. Im sad, yes. But i know it wasnt your fault.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@ofl +1
Mo, I know it must be frustrating, but the fact is that you love your fish. It's obvious by your reaction to losing them and I can't believe that you truely want to just throw all that away. We all can see that you take good care of your fish, but sometimes things go wrong, sometimes it's a whole bunch of crap all at once and there is not much you can do to fix it. When things get rough just sit back, breath, think it over. Like ofl said, you should take a break and downsize a bit.

I may be rather new to this forum, but I've been reading through it for a while, and you are one of the members I had looked up to. It would be sad to see you go.

·
Banned
9,614 Posts
You should take a break do more research or tell us every part of your care and we can help you. When I got my first guppy a day later it died of disease i bought a new one it lived for months in my guppy colony my guppies even as fry are beautiful.

·
Registered
359 Posts
You should take a break do more research or tell us every part of your care and we can help you. When I got my first guppy a day later it died of disease i bought a new one it lived for months in my guppy colony my guppies even as fry are beautiful.
Mo's been taking care of his fish fine, im sure. He's one of the most experienced keepers on the forum. He's just having a bad time right now, we all have them. Im sure you've had them too.

Anyway, I agree 100% with what OFL said! But if you do feel the need to quit then I also understand that. I felt that way when my third hamster died in sixth grade. I still haven't been able to go back to hammys!

·
Banned
9,614 Posts
Mo's been taking care of his fish fine, im sure. He's one of the most experienced keepers on the forum. He's just having a bad time right now, we all have them. Im sure you've had them too.

Anyway, I agree 100% with what OFL said! But if you do feel the need to quit then I also understand that. I felt that way when my third hamster died in sixth grade. I still haven't been able to go back to hammys!
Did my advice come off insensitive?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Mo, I have to say your are an inspiration to take on such challenges, and I applaud your efforts above and beyond, because being a breeder is a lot of work, I would never want to do what you do, You are incredible for getting so far, don't think of it as done, take a break, everyone has bad days, and makes mistakes,..we all do, and i know that with so much at stake ,you want perfection..
Please don't ever stop..you are amazing and your passion will keep you going far in life, if you put it all in perspective..don't give up:) A lot of friends here will miss the one and only MO!!!:yourock:

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.