Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See that hanging from my bottom?
Is that a sign of parasites?
What can my keeper do for me before we get some anti-parasite meds on Monday?
Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hmm...does it move? What kind of food do you eat? It doesn't look whitish color to me, does it to you? Have long have you noticed this "problem"? Has your behavior changed prior or during this "problem"? Are you eating well but losing weight?

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm...does it move?
Well, it trails along behind when I swim. At least it used too before I pushed hard and it fell off. It looked like a dark shiny poop with that attached. Felt good to get rid of it, but I'm still worried.

What kind of food do you eat?
My keeper tries to feed me Omega One pellets, but I'm not too interested. Frozen bloodworms are OK, I guess. But I'm not too hungry.

It doesn't look whitish color to me, does it to you? Have long have you noticed this "problem"?
Not white, but kinda light-greenish. The slimey-poo was black. I just got home from the pet store on Thursday. I think it started then. But I'm not sure how long. I'm just a kid.

Has your behavior changed prior or during this "problem"? Are you eating well but losing weight?
Well, this is not fun, so I'm sorta mopey-dopey with not much energy. But I swim OK and like exploring my new 5gal. It has a heater and some live plants and a silly mossball. I like it so far. I just like to rest a lot---in my plants, on the floor, whatever. Food just doesn't look appealing right now.

My keeper is going to buy me some Jungle anti-parasite on Monday, but do I have to be an uncomfortable mopeyfish until then?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well, it trails along behind when I swim. At least it used too before I pushed hard and it fell off. It looked like a dark shiny poop with that attached. Felt good to get rid of it, but I'm still worried.
Hmm...since we don't know what your previous pet store keeper fed you, it could be the remains from previous feedings. Did you try to flare to get rid of it faster?

My keeper tries to feed me Omega One pellets, but I'm not too interested. Frozen bloodworms are OK, I guess. But I'm not too hungry.
This reminds me of when I moved to a new place too, I kinda lost appetite for a bit, I heard that our other friends take up to 2 weeks to feel at home and then start to gain their appetite and will eat anything. Even though you just moved from a lousy small stinky cup to your current nice luxury home, it must still take some times getting used to. I love bloodworms! I wish my keeper would just give me the whole cube, just don't understand why she is so stingy with it!

Not white, but kinda light-greenish. The slimey-poo was black. I just got home from the pet store on Thursday. I think it started then. But I'm not sure how long. I'm just a kid.
Phew! Not white is good. I have seen others with white stringy poo..and that means they have parasites inside them. Yuck! I think for now I would keep an eye on it and see if the poo change.

Well, this is not fun, so I'm sorta mopey-dopey with not much energy. But I swim OK and like exploring my new 5gal. It has a heater and some live plants and a silly mossball. I like it so far. I just like to rest a lot---in my plants, on the floor, whatever. Food just doesn't look appealing right now.
It's ok, don't worry too much for now. It's normal for most of us to take a little bit of time to find our fins :-D Sounds like you have a nice keeper!

My keeper is going to buy me some Jungle anti-parasite on Monday, but do I have to be an uncomfortable mopeyfish until then?
Drugs are no fun either! I think you are just trying to get over from the yucky water in a neglected environment. Try to relax. Hopefully your keeper will give you some bloodworms soaked in garlic juice (Garlic Guard) to make them tastier. Once you are over the trauma you were in, I am sure you will feel more at home and start to eat like a piglet. Oink Oink!

:-D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts