Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=95290

there is a link to my thread with a picture of my first fish after he died... his fins changed really weird colors... and they were always clamped up in the last hours...

Whoa.. I think this is what killed a few fish I got, also from Petsmart, about 2 years ago. They were sick when I bought them, not eating. I had *never* had a fish not eat. They died within 24-36 hours of bringing them home.

They were both blue crowntails, one was a bit more turquoise, but blue overall. Your picture actually looks like my last one when he passed. I took them back to petsmart for refunds, and at the time I sworn to never shop there again. :p They told me they had a "bad batch" of fish. I assume that most or all of those poor Betta fish in the store at the time were dying of this disease.

I cannot be 100% sure it was the same thing, but I do know mine died very quickly and the fins did look like that when they passed. :-(

I do wish you all luck with finding out this disease. It is awful and terribly quick! If I have the misfortune of getting another fish with this, I will let you know. Thankfully my new copper halfmoon boy seems very healthy!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.