Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
27,614 Posts
These are some things that I wanted to bring to everyone's attention.
Recently, we have had some issues with members giving advice to other members and arguements starting because the advice was ignored or was not taken.Please remember that it is up to the person asking for the advice whether or not they want to take it. You can't shove advice down people's throats. Treat people the way you want to be treated. We try to maintain a friendly atmosphere here at bettafish.com.
Also, posting silly memes and making snide little comments doesn't help a situation nor does making fun of someone. All it does is add fuel to the fire. On the other hand, I have seen several members step in and try to calm things down and get back on topic. A big thank you to those members.
I also want to point out that blatantly disrespecting and smartmouthing a moderator or Admin can get you banned. We do our best to help people by answering questions and helping with all kinds of different issues. We don't deserve to be yelled and screamed at or told we don't do our jobs properly and favor our friends over others.
Lastly, I want to say that I love this forum and I love interacting with everyone. Let's all work together to keep this forum the great place that it is .

·
Registered
523 Posts
100% Approval of this post- even though I haven't been around for the past four months ^^;;

·
Registered
729 Posts
i haven't been on in a long while too .. and it saddens me to return and see posts like this x_x

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thank you for making this!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks for this dramaqueen I read through a few posts both here and on TFK where people were being attacked, or attacking. You guys do a good job keeping things under control and keeping your temper. :) This issue is partly why I added the second line to my signature.

*jams java moss in everyones face.* "GO BUY SOME BECAUSE ITS GOOD!!!!" *shifty eyes* :D <--- Kidding of coarse!

·
Banned
774 Posts
I am so glad that this was finally said! I am guilty of stepping in to protect members from harassment, I am glad that the forum is finally taking it seriously. Now if we can just work on moderators not playing favorites, and treating everyone as equals regardless of whether they like them or not. This is a common problem on most forums.

·
Registered
737 Posts
In my first experience on this forum I was at the receiving end of some very rude posts (and I was taking the advice, which made it especially bothersome). I almost gave up completely on the forum after that. I appreciate this post.

·
Banned
27,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kfish,I'm so glad you stayed with us. We try to keep this forum as friendly as we can. I'm sorry your first experience here was not a very good one.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
MEMES aren't silly! :p I post them all the time! LOL! But I do agree tht in a serious situation they are not taken very well.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts