Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
King Dedede is injured! some dude I invited to my b-day party (named Justin) started to injure my betta! here's the story my friend, Ilia told. "so, Justin picked up the net, and started hitting King Dedede on the chest, then, King Dedede bumped into the filter harshly, almost getting sucked in! then, Justin started hitting King Dedede on the head. That's when you came in and saw Justin with the net in the water." I'm really worried! small parts of tail and fins have been torn off and King Dedede acts really confused... he looks so weak and helpless now... can someone please help me??

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
What size of tank is he in? I would lower the water level to allow him to be able to reach the surface. If you can, remove the filter as well and maybe just add a bubbler for some surface movement. Depending how hard he was hit, he could have internal damage and there may not be any hope, however you can still try and at the very least make him comfortable.

How is he acting exactly? Spiral swimming, gasping, spazzing, floating, clamped fins, etc...?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What size of tank is he in? I would lower the water level to allow him to be able to reach the surface. If you can, remove the filter as well and maybe just add a bubbler for some surface movement. Depending how hard he was hit, he could have internal damage and there may not be any hope, however you can still try and at the very least make him comfortable.

How is he acting exactly? Spiral swimming, gasping, spazzing, floating, clamped fins, etc...?
5 gallon and okay. my friend said King Dedede got slapped super hard. he's clamped and is swimming in spirals, there's gasping and... that's pretty much all there is.

EDIT: what's spazzing?

EDIT 2: What is a bubbler?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can someone else please give more facts about this??

·
Registered
329 Posts
So sorry you are having such trouble.... not everyone cherishes life of all living creatures. Good Luck and I hope he recovers!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Also, I think the best you can do is to keep him warm around 80, and give him quiet time to recover. One of my kids at school cupped my Nebula rather roughly up the side of the aquarium and he was bent for a bit and we were worried, but he did recover.

And Justin would not be my friend anymore!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think Justin and I need to have a private fist to face.....I mean face to face ;-)

I'm gonna fist to face him! I am NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GONNA FORGIVE HIM!! King Dedede seems to be struggling, now.

Struggling to hang onto life.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Also, I think the best you can do is to keep him warm around 80, and give him quiet time to recover. One of my kids at school cupped my Nebula rather roughly up the side of the aquarium and he was bent for a bit and we were worried, but he did recover.

And Justin would not be my friend anymore!
I am going to KILL JUSTIN. well, not kill but... you get me :p ;-)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry to hear that Justin treated King Dedede so poorly. :mad:

Spazzing means to be moving/swimming spasmodically, and a bubbler, I think, adds oxygen to the water and acts kind of like a filter.
I don't have a bubbler. also, what does spasmodically mean?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I am so sorry that someone would do that to your fish :( my friends joke about feeding my fish drugs. (They watch Skins too much.) I definitely don't take the joking lightly. I really hope he gets better! xx

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm really sorry about your fish! I don't have any advice, but I really hope he gets better. It's terrible that someone would be so mean to him.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm so sorry that happened to dede. if that was my fish...LAWSUIT. Willful animal abuse is not okay. Make sure he doesn't turn into a killer. Sick, sick person. I'd give him a call.

Do you have stress coat in the water? Make sure ammonia, etc. stays at 0ppm, and add some stress coat and just keep him comfortable. Bettas are hardy creatures. Make sure he eats. He's probably really disoriented. Give him time to rest. I wouldn't shine any lights on him because he might be sensitive? If he won't eat pellets/freeze dried, get him live food.

poor baby :( Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
^ I would want to do the same, but unfortunately no one would take us seriously if we filed a lawsuit against someone for betta fish abuse ://

·
Registered
993 Posts
sorry,that is hard. too bad we don't come preprogrammed to have intellegence and compassion. parties are a no-no at my house. i too had a party once. the next morning i found cigarette butts in my tank of veiltail koi. i had them for 12 years before they were murdered. i could'nt do anything to help them.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Dec. 2nd- 1 day after getting my fish banged up, My real B-day.

mmm... I'm worried he won't make it, he keeps laying down and breathing somewhat heavily... he only comes up for air and food. this is not a good b-day present...

EDIT: great, now my dad put in the filter! Really? T_T

·
Banned
9,614 Posts
For a king 5 gallons is too small. I would have killed your friend. Then turn them to Salmon food. IAL and Aquarium salt will help prevent infection. Sorry about your Betta. Live food might help too.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts