Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home from work today to find that one of my three females had (unwisely) decided to jump the divider into another female's territory in their 6 gallon aquarium...and got her fishy butt kicked but hard! She's missing most of her fins and tail, there are scales torn out, bites--she's a mess.

I've got her safely away. She's in a plastic cup, floating in her part of the aquarium, so that she'd be warm enough and in familiar surroundings. I added a few aquarium salt crystals and mixed up a small batch of Betta Revive (I figured it wouldn't hurt at this stage). Not moving around much, but is still swimming, and is somewhat interested in food. What should I do to make her more comfortable, and help her heal up as quickly as possible?

Just in case you need to know--the 6.6 gallon aquarium is heated (78 F), filtered, water parameters are good, and all three fish were enjoying great health until this escapade.

Thanks in advance for all help.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I would recommend keeping her in that tank with partial water changes daily of around 25-50%. adding a small amount of aquarium salt. and slightly raising the temperature for best, ideal results.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts