Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello interested in getting a betta recently had a bacterial problem in my tank which killed a few and have not restocked but while my stock is low was interested in getting a betta I currently have 2neon tetras 1 danio and a baby Molly in a 62l tank just want to know if they would all be ok in a tank with a male or a female betta? any advice gratefully received

·
Registered
329 Posts
One betta fish needs at least 2.5 gallons to itself. They can live With neon tetras, but neon tetras are schooling fish so you should have at least 5. That's another 5 gallons needed so you should have at least a 7.5 gallon tank and better yet a 10g. Just do your research please before you get one. There's a lot you need to know. I believe if you have at least a 10g tank that this setup should be okay.

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
A 62l tank would be about 15g.

You could probably keep a betta with those fish, but you need to worry about properly caring for he fish you have before you add a betta. Neon tetras and danios both need schools of at least six, and your danio probably needs at least a 20g long tank. Mollies need larger tanks when they are adults... At least 29g.

If you want a betta, I would take back the danio and mollie, and add four more neon tetras. Add the tetras a couple of weeks before the betta, to help keep water parameters stable and give the tetras time to adapt. Don't forget to quarantine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.