Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, my name is Megan and I've been lurking for a while(years, on and off!) and finally decided to make an account. :)

My betta's are Cindy Lou Who, I got her just after Christmas last year so she got a Christmas name. She's a female veil tail, I'm guessing!

And as all betta addicted keepers....I went to my local pet store to get her a leaf hammock...and left with two hammocks and another betta yesterday!
His fins are in rough space, it looks like he's chewed them off, but hopefully he will make a nice recovery! He is has no name, but his personality is starting to show! He is friendly, no flares yet, and curious of me. :) I'm thinking he is a delta tail, cellophane & marble boy? He has lots of black on his head, and tints of turquoise through his tail. Any color and tail guesses, as well as name suggestions would be appreciated!

He likes his hammock already!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
that is the story of all betta keepers. went to the store for something, came back with a fish, or 2, or 3...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha! Yep! I had told myself I was holding out for a yellow to pop up...but he was calling to me! :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
He is so cute!! :D I can't wait to see what he looks like when his fins grow back and he colors up :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
very cute! and your boy seems like he may be a double tail too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neecy- I was wondering that! Maybe? I kind of hope not but if he is that's ok too! So he hasn't really messed up hi fins, it could just be the way they are? ��

·
Registered
249 Posts
I still think there is a nibble or 2 out of his claudal fin but nothing bad...it should grow back nicely with constant clean warm water and a good diet. But yeah Id say he is definitely a double tail, you can see that his body has the shape that double tails have and of course the broad dorsal fin. I myself just acquired a double tail and I love him to death already. :-D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!

I did the first water change in his very boring hospital tank today, and noticed some definite rips in his fins, the largest being in his caudal fin. Is there anything I can do for him?

Also, guesses on his color? I was thinking marble? But the more I've read the less certain I am. Definitely cello for sure...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Could be a Dalmatian betta.
I saw one similar In my LFS, he was white and red. I really like yours, he's gonna be even prettier when his fins grow a bit :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks leedavidford!

I hope I can get him healthy! =) I was really hoping he was marble, but only time will tell that. Dalmatian would be pretty nifty too!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, I've decided to name him Horton, after Horton hears a Who. :)
His double tail reminds me of elephant ears!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts