Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a new fish on Wednesday and he has already colored up a lot, so I will be interested to see what he looks like in a few weeks. I don't feel the photos really do him justice, but he is this iridescent lavender/copper color with some red hues.

I named him Merlin because I wanted a magical name and it was the only one I could think of :p I watched him at the pet store for a month, thinking for sure he would be adopted. Well I came in Tuesday to find him and only 2 other bettas left on a shelf. People kept going by and would pick up the other two and look at them but weren't giving him a second glance. I couldn't believe it, so I decided he must be magic to be able to hide his beauty from everybody.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I would have bought tht betta SO fast!! its BEAUTIFUL...something about it being solid silver-gray-black and shiny with some red hues, just makes it.... i dunno.... 'magical' !!!

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! :D He actually looks like shiny metal that flashes between coppery/pinky/lavender in normal light and then you can see red streaks through his fins and his ventrals are almost all red.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
he seems like he was MADE for the camera.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beautiful!

WOW! He's gorgeous! Merlin is a great name. He instantly reminded me of Gandalf The Grey from the LOTR films. He looks to be a halfmoon rose tail. GORGEOUS BOY!:-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts