Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Stupid question (I'm just a fish-mom, not a hobbiest) but... what breed is Penny? She is beautifil and has fins I associate with male half-moon. Beautiful! Girls I see are usually very short/sparse-finned. I'm not in the market for a new fun-bany but next time... maybe. Would look for a girl like her!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fin-baby I meant lol
A male halfmoon has far more flowy, massive fins.

Penny is just a regular betta splendens. She does have a crazy number of rays that would put her in delta/super delta/halfmoon territory but her spread isn鈥檛 a full 180* (so, not a HM). If I had to label her, I would say her tail type is Super Delta.

I鈥檓 not sure if her colouring has a name/reference though. Her face is black but her body is almost charcoal gray with a turquoise shimmer in the light and her tail shimmers a lilac shade!

she isn鈥檛 from a fancy breeder - just a Petsmart $6 fish

Registered
A male halfmoon has far more flowy, massive fins.

Penny is just a regular betta splendens. She does have a crazy number of rays that would put her in delta/super delta/halfmoon territory but her spread isn鈥檛 a full 180* (so, not a HM). If I had to label her, I would say her tail type is Super Delta.

I鈥檓 not sure if her colouring has a name/reference though. Her face is black but her body is almost charcoal gray with a turquoise shimmer in the light and her tail shimmers a lilac shade!

she isn鈥檛 from a fancy breeder - just a Petsmart $6 fish
Like I said-- I don't a lot. My boy came from petsmart, too. The only reason I know what he is, is because they had a sticker on his cup 馃槀

Really, I don't think I've seen a petsmart girl so pretty. Lucky mom!

Registered
Pets: 4 dogs, 2 fish tanks, 1 frogs RIP nyxa, our beloved 5th dog
WOW!!! She is so so cute! Penny is a perefct name

Registered
Lots!
Hello everyone!

Just a quick post to introduce my girl, Penny 馃榾

View attachment 1051995
Hi Penny!!!! My Penny says hi!!! We鈥檙e admiring her GORGEOUS colors and her sheer beauty. She is magnificent! I鈥檇 love to find a betta with her color combination. I can tell she鈥檚 a super healthy gal too. Thank you for sharing! I absolutely adore her! 馃槏馃槏馃槏

Registered
Stupid question (I'm just a fish-mom, not a hobbiest) but... what breed is Penny? She is beautifil and has fins I associate with male half-moon. Beautiful! Girls I see are usually very short/sparse-finned. I'm not in the market for a new fun-bany but next time... maybe. Would look for a girl like her!
She is a dumbo ear species

1 - 16 of 16 Posts