Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drax was my first betta... Now I finally got to choose my own (was given Drax).

Oddly enough... I didn't go fancy.

This crown tail at the tropical fish store just... Dunno... Maybe you can tell me why I fell in love with... (sorry, iPad bad at image taking)
SOTTO

HE is such a little show off already! He knows he's got great coloration! And so shiny!!!!
I hope Drax doesn't mind being so upstaged by this little guy.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And he's already claimed the tank from the Tetras, so a calm but aggressive boy too! Can't wait to see what other little things he does. Besides playing with his reflection... Such the little narcissus

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
he looks like a vieltail with slight webbing :| not a combtail, combtails tend to look like this:
he could be but you should ask a professional :) am not

·
Registered
416 Posts
Oh well that's what his label was... What is he then?
Pet stores have the bad habit of mislabeling Bettas. For instance, Paarthurnax was supposed to be a dragon half moon, but he's just a really pretty mustard gas colored half moon.....I still want a dragon, eventually!!!
BTW, I really like the coloration of your little Betta!! He's so handsome!!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I got a Delta labled HM. And my friend got a betta a few months ago and it was labled a female dragon scale but it is not a dragon and it is actually a male PK. lol

@Hopeseeker: Paarthurnax...lol

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Comb-tails refer to deltas or hms who have some "crowning" aka little spikes on their fins. Your guy looks like a veil tail who has some ct genes in him. Regardless, a very pretty fish :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well anyone in the St. Louis area...
Go to Tropical world pets on Watson...
The bettas are healthy but so listless!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have a comb-tail that looks exactly like your boy though Hannibal has more red. I was told by someone on here that it happens sometimes when you cross a veiltail with a crowntail. Either way, I think they're pretty. ^_^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts