Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Splendens Stelleri! (My dad made it up, from past of the scientific name for Steller Jays, and Betta Splendens.) So, he's our new mascot, and he is lovely. And quite funny.He's going to be living in our school. And quick question-what type is he? I don't really know, though his cup labeled him a a rose petal.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Halfmoon rosetail, irid green color. He is GORGEOUS

·
Registered
330 Posts
I love his colors, they're so nice looking c:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! So, Feathertail then? I've never had one before.
Yes, I love his colours to. You can't properly catch them on camera. He has blues, greens, pinks, purples, reds, and white! He is very colorful, which is why my dad agreed to buy a 20 dollar fish. Petco does not label the prices of the expensive fish.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Haha of course not, that's how they lure you in! Pick out a pretty fish you like, pick out stuff for it, head to cash, OMG $20 FISH?! But you're attached and you end up with it anyways... xD

·
Registered
160 Posts
you did very well, I can hardly believe that it is the same fish in all those pics. he might have surpassed my BB in terms of colors.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it's sort of my dad bribing me to do my best to talk to people, make friends, and actually talk to my existing fiends instead of doing my math... And he liked him to.

Thanks! And he looked different now he's settled down at school...But I can't bring my camera to school until next Monday, so more pictures will have to wait. and I think that some of your bettas have some pretty good colours, especially Tricky.

wait-Is this just me, or are newer bettas different? My two newest bettas(Brought in August and just now) all have more pronounced gills, and come out from their gill covers a bit. My older bettas don't have this quality, but my newer bettas do. Is there a reason for this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts