Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hubby informs me his name is Amun Ra. Since he picked him out I guess I can let him name just one :) Actually we debated forever last week between this guy and Espresso and left him there. Today there were hardly any live fishies left and Amun Ra was looking pretty ragged so we brought him home and are working on getting him all fixed up :) New fishie count: Ezio - crown tail, Espresso - crown tail, Armstrong - veil tail, Amun Ra - veil tail, Jewel, Scarlet, Juliet, Mary Shelly, and Herminoe - sorority and a 30 gallon community tank :-D Now all I want is an aquabid beauty for my classroom and then I may have to be done (for a little while)

·
Registered
753 Posts
LOL I like how you added "(for a little while)" You sound like me! :bluelaugh: I always get tempted by all the pretty Bettas out there waiting to be in a new home.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, about not getting any more fishies :oops:...Since his arrival Amun Ra has been now been upgraded to a divided 5 gallon tank with a new and still unnamed crown tail. They are both currently on diligent border patrol which is hilarious to watch. I will try and post some better pictures later. The new ct loves making faces at the camera but apparently he doesn't want to show off his pretty colors yet, that and he's just to busy defending and exploring his kingdom to care right now. Ha!
View attachment 57516
View attachment 57517

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I love Amun Ra (and his name) He's such a nice color. Then I scrolled down and saw your new ct mustard gas! ohmygoodness why can't I have an mg???
Thanks :) Amun Ra (for a name) is growing on me and I am so glad to see his fins unclamped, I really don't think he would have survived another night at the store. As for the new guy I definitely grabbed him and ran when I saw him! I was really surprised to see a mg at wal mart of all places and he had just arrived so he seems pretty healthy. It's a good thing Petsmart is so far from me or I have a feeling my house would be like 95% water. ha!

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
wow at walmart?! Cool! My wm doesn't sell fish anymore. I was in a not-so-common lps last time (I went out that way for my niece's bday presnt) and there was a pink betta in the tiny cup and some clamped blues and multis. There was also a halfmoon but they apparantly only sell VT's at that location!! So whoever buys it will get a deal.
I always wanted to save a space for mg because they were so rare here. Then I got Ludendorff (which meant no more fish) and then the next time I went in there was a chocolate mg -_- (or whatever you call brown fish, yelow fins) and then after that there were a pile of mg HM.
So, love your mg! I think they're coming to be more popular now and like everybody on this forum but me has one!! lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally settled on a name for the new new guy: Icarus. Although the little guy nearly gave me a heart attack this morning. After watching the tank ALL day yesterday I slept easy, not worrying about the new divider. As soon as I woke up this morning and walked into the family room I saw that Amun Ra was on the wrong side of the tank!!! Poor Icarus was huddled in the back corner and I thought he was dead for a second but after fixing the breach problem and keeping a close eye on them they both seem totaly fine thank goodness!! Anyways, crisis averted, divider fortified, here are a few more pics of Icarus and their tank.

View attachment 57602
View attachment 57601
View attachment 57603

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ha! I see that 'a little while' didn't take very long... but I can see why! Amun Ra looks happy and his new neighbor looks great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts