Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the aquarium light off for a few days and sure enough, there some algae on one of my decorations :roll: ....It's only a tiny bit though and I dont really want to stir things up because I'm trying to cycle....so is it harmful?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,666 Posts
Algae can be caused by a number if things and is relatively harmless. It is just very unsightly, I personally love having small amounts of algae in my tanks for my ottos. Extra light, nitrites, Co2, nitrates, ammonia, etc... The list goes on long, can benefit algae.
It will not be harmful to a cycle in that low of an ammount
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
It is a plant, and benificial. However if allowed to continue unchecked, will grow until you can no longer see your fish....

I use a pleco to keep the algae down in my tank.

Jeff.:)
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top