Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my betta has been in a filtered one gallon tank for about 3 weeks and I begged my mother and she finally brought me a heated and filtered 5 gallon tank. Right now there's a silk plant a betta hammock and gravel in the 5 gallon and obviously water. The other silk plants and the cave/hideout thing I brought for him won't be here till Monday.
Would it be okay for me to put him in the pretty much bare 5 gallon or would that stress him out too much? Should I just wait till I get the decor to put him in the new tank?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes it will be fine.
Have you cycle the tank?
What are your water parameters?

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,594 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Even a bare five gallon is better than a one gallon no matter the length of time until it is decorated.

Please read this sticky. I think it will help you.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=555434

Even if you can't get the test kit and Prime as suggested in the cycling tutorial maybe you can take a water sample to the pet store once a week. Have them test and give you exact numbers. Don't accept "It's fine" or "It's safe."

Two 25% water changes until the pet store tells you there are Nitrates but 0ppm Nitrites and Ammonia. When your tank has those readings you can reduce to 25% weekly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts