·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is the url for the seller i am considering buying from:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/vfb.cgi?1&1&vfb&Blimp33

this is the url to the fish i would like to buy:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashm&1362146613

im not sure how to find out their track record and DOAs, etc. Does anyone have any advice for me? or warnings? is anyone familiar with this seller? they have a 100% positive rating which makes me nervous, but have about a hundred fish for sale on the site.
thanks guys!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
27,599 Posts
It appears that the seller has gotten great feedback so I'd say he's a good seller. I'm not familiar with this person but then again I've never bought from Aquabid. Several people here have, though.

·
Banned
2,082 Posts
Aquabid it's self is great! But it is the seller you need to watch for try contacting him with your questions.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
if a seller has as much positive feedback as that guy, and no negative whatsoever, you can be pretty damn confident they're a good seller/breeder. just make sure you get with a good transhipper, i keep hearing great things about linda olson.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Aquabid is great as long as you work with reputable sellers! Blimp is a great seller! I'd say go for it, that female is just lovely!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if a seller has as much positive feedback as that guy, and no negative whatsoever, you can be pretty damn confident they're a good seller/breeder. just make sure you get with a good transhipper, i keep hearing great things about linda olson.
i will definitely try to get Ms. Linda then. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aquabid is great as long as you work with reputable sellers! Blimp is a great seller! I'd say go for it, that female is just lovely!
thank you! your fish are beautiful btw! i love their colors and the marking a few have on their heads!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what am i looking at paying? Im not sure what shipping and such would cost or do i discuss that with the transhipper? my husband has agreed to let me have her, but i dont want to surprise him with the price.
i am assuming the $20 she costs does not include anything. also i saw there is a heating pad you can buy to ship them with; are there other extras like this i should consider?

·
Registered
541 Posts
$20 - fish
$5 - shipping to transhipper
~$25-$30 - shipping to you from transhipper plus maybe $5 in handling fees + heatpack

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$20 - fish
$5 - shipping to transhipper
~$25-$30 - shipping to you from transhipper plus maybe $5 in handling fees + heatpack
my husband is going to have a heart attack! :shock: lol thank you!

·
Registered
541 Posts
XD well most people buy several fishes because the shipping to you from the transhipper doesn't increase up until a certain number so the cost per fish is technically cheaper. I don't remember where the other transhippers are but you can opt to have her sent by priority mail instead of express mail and I think that one is $15... If you aren't too far from them it might be fine, but usually the transhipper won't refund if the fish arrives dead through priority mail =/

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
see what I mean? ;-):lol:

How come copper looks like silver?
probably just the lighting. coppers tend to vary their apparent color a lot depending on the type, brightness and direction of light as it hits them. some will show silver under LED's but blue-green under incandescent, and true copper tones under fluorescent lighting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
XD well most people buy several fishes because the shipping to you from the transhipper doesn't increase up until a certain number so the cost per fish is technically cheaper. I don't remember where the other transhippers are but you can opt to have her sent by priority mail instead of express mail and I think that one is $15... If you aren't too far from them it might be fine, but usually the transhipper won't refund if the fish arrives dead through priority mail =/
Ms. Jennifer L Viveiros is only a few hours away from me so i think i will use her. she was mentioned in the 'Buying fish on Aquabid' thread.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I get most from Petco but I have gotten some deals right here on this board. Check out the classified section.
i did but i was specifically looking for a purple copper female and didnt see one. i will look some more though. the petsmart here gets theirs in tomorrow and that is where i got Pan so i am hoping to maybe find one there. i'm going between classes to look.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ms. Jennifer L Viveiros is only a few hours away from me so i think i will use her. she was mentioned in the 'Buying fish on Aquabid' thread.
Oh!! Then you can pick them up from her and don't gotta pay shipping. It'll probably be $4-5 fee for pick up. So the fish will only be around $30. :-D One of the transhippers lives 5 minutes from my school so I've been really spoiled XD

1 - 20 of 28 Posts