Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: I set up a quarantine tank. I had the items to do so after-all, so this is no longer relevant to my situation.

I'm pretty confident my betta fish has fin melt (there's another thread about this that contains answers to the questionnaire and photos). I just finished a full clean where I took everything out, heavily stirred the substrate by hand to get anything that may be lingering in it, and siphoned out a ~65% water change on his tank.

Last night, prior to the water change, I used "Imagitarium Bacterial Infection Remedy" in the tank. It was all I had at that minute. I now have some "Fish Aid Antibiotics - Fish Amoxicillin" on hand. It has directions for 10 gallon dosage. I imagine this better to use for my betta's condition, but I'm worried it'll hurt the snails. I love my daughter's betta fish and my snails, but this isn't a big enough hobby for me where I have an isolation tank. Does anyone know if the antibiotics are safe for my snails? Alternatively, what would be snail-safe that I can go get from the pet store? My husband brought this stuff home, but it's early enough I can still go to the pet store and get something else.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts