Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Black Beard (Black Orchid Betta) (Male)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still new to the betta fish hobby and community and am beginning to explore it a little bit more. Some group chats I'm in say Hikari Betta Bio-Gold is up there on their top 3 favorite betta food, while others say its sub-par and not very quality food.
I give my betta--Black Beard--4 pellets of the bio-gold in the morning and 4 pellets at night (roughly 12 hours apart from each other, give or take). I got him from my work late last month (October) and he's maybe half of an average index finger in size. I also maybe once a week to once every two weeks give him freeze-dried river shrimp (I couldn't find brine shrimp anywhere, so I got river shrimp and grind it up extremely small so he can actually eat it. I don't give him the whole shrimp since they're bigger.)
Am I feeding him good enough food and am I feeding him too much or too little? I haven't seen any sign of bloat or constipation. Is there anything I could be doing better? If so, what do y'all recommend? Thank you :^)

· Registered
2 bettas (MOON) (TANK) 3 mollies 1 african dwarf frog 2 dogs 2 cats 2 leopard geckos
939 Posts
Could you post a picture of your betta from above so we can see his weight

· Registered
2 bettas (MOON) (TANK) 3 mollies 1 african dwarf frog 2 dogs 2 cats 2 leopard geckos
939 Posts
He looks similar to my betta's weight and he looks like a pretty good weight he could be a bit more chubby but he's a good weight

· Registered
Black Beard (Black Orchid Betta) (Male)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He looks similar to my betta's weight and he looks like a pretty good weight he could be a bit more chubby but he's a good weight
I thought the same, but some said he was being fed too much. I guess since he's stilll growing he requires a bit more. If I see signs of bloat and the tank becomes messier than usual, I'll ease off. Thank you so much :)
Is what I'm feeding him acceptable or should I look into other options?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts