Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! I just bought me very first betta and i was really happy, but now I'm really worry because he has't eatten for a day :-( .....is this normal?? should i be worry?? can it be he doesn't like his food?..........PLEASE HELP!! :-(
Ps: he even gets close to its food but..... HE DOESN'T EATS IT!!!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Sometimes a betta just takes some time getting used to their new home. How long have you had him? Does he have a heater? They like warm water around 78-80 degrees. Colder water will make them sluggish and can affect their appetite. What are you feeding him?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also pellet Betta food, mine ignores tropical flakes. As mentioned be sure the temp isn't too cold, mines between 77 and 78 degrees, 78 to 80 correct. May give him cover even plastic plants etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes a betta just takes some time getting used to their new home. How long have you had him? Does he have a heater? They like warm water around 78-80 degrees. Colder water will make them sluggish and can affect their appetite. What are you feeding him?
I just bought it yesterday.... i don't have a heater :S (didn't knew was needed) and I'm feeding him Wardley Betta Food (the guy at the petshop recommended it to me) it contains 40% protein and several kinds of fish meat, some shrimp etc... SO I'LL HEAT UP HIS WATER MAYBE THAT'S THE PROBLEM THANKS TO BOTH :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts