Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in another thread some of you may have heard that my 5gal had a leak. My dad decided to repair it- but it doesn't look good at all. The silicone is very thickly slabbed on and in some places the edge isn't smoothly sloped against the glass. I'm afraid that it will leak again very easily. I've filled it up for a test for a few days, but I still feel like it will leak if I give it a few weeks.

Here's a photo of what it looks like:

It'll be my excuse to get a 12 gal I've had my eye on for a while. But I'm not sure if this tank is even safe to use a spare/emergency tank. :p

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
It's safe, just not pretty.

I mean it's totally not safe you need to go get 2-3 12 gal tanks and 3 more betta >.> <.<

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I might just pretend it's no good.

Turns out the tank I've been looking at is actually nearly 15 US gallons! Mmm... divide it for my current boy and a second betta- or a third even (probably not)?! I just need to figure out how to sneak it into my home behind without anyone noticing. They honestly think bigger tanks = more work. *rolls eyes* Though when I choose to do something they don't like, there's not much they can do to stop me.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Did you take the entire tank apart and reseal or did he try to seal over the old silicone?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dad took the tank apart and resealed it, the tank panels were taken apart and reattached. Looking at tutorials online, he really didn't need to take it all apart but just reseal the entire inside. Though he went ahead doing it his own way...

So far no leaks, I'm going leave it filled for another five days before I deem it safe.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Okay, then you're all set! As long as he didn't try overlaping old silicone with new silicone you shouldn't have any issues :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.