Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! So I'm still relatively new to betta keeping and the forums. Currently I have a filtered 3 gallon tank. It's heated with one Anubias plant and Marimo moss ball, plus some silk leaves I let float at the surface. They sink after a while but my betta, Majora, likes using them as blankets.

Originally I wanted to buy a betta floating log but it felt VERY rough at the stores, so I sorta made my own version of it out of a plastic container and silk leaves. It's floating at the top left as his feeding chamber/secret hideout. Originally it was only going to be temporary but Majora seems to love it. I think it's his new favorite resting and sleeping spot.

So now comes my question, does my tank seem crowded or do you think it's fine? I'm trying to balance space with interesting things for him. I really want to upgrade to a 5.5 gallon, but I'm afraid that might not happen for a while :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
Edit- I think your tank is gorgeous as well as your Betta, I don't personally think its overly crowded as long as he can swim at the front without obstacles. ITs a great home until you can upgrade to a 5.5! If you upgrade him eventually I would love to see pictures. :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
As long as the betta can reach the surface for air without a struggle there's no such thing as "too crowded" when it comes to plants. They love heavily planted tanks as it matches their natural habitat in the wild.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edit- I think your tank is gorgeous as well as your Betta, I don't personally think its overly crowded as long as he can swim at the front without obstacles. ITs a great home until you can upgrade to a 5.5! If you upgrade him eventually I would love to see pictures. :)
That makes me so happy to hear, thank you! I will definitely show pictures whenever I get his new tank :) If I'm lucky, it may be sooner than later. I think I managed to convince my husband to let me get it for my birthday :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As long as the betta can reach the surface for air without a struggle there's no such thing as "too crowded" when it comes to plants. They love heavily planted tanks as it matches their natural habitat in the wild.
That's good to hear! I'm hoping to get/grow more plants for him :) Still trying to get my hands on an anacharis.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
There is only one case. Overgrown myrio. I've done it. My fish literally couldn't swim through it xD but otherwise I absolutely agree.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I don't find it's overly crowded, but if you were to add more stuff(or added another fish) without taking any out then it would be. Your tank is very nice though & your betta is beautiful! :) where abouts are you? I bought a 5.5 gallon tank kit set for about $40 or you can buy a used one on kijiji(Canadian only site I believe), ebay or look on here for one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts