Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry in advice about the bad photo quality.

Hi everyone! Looking for some help here. I got a rescue betta a few months ago, he was emaciated and had massively torn fins but i’ve got him healthy and he seems to be doing very well. He lives in a 15 gallon community tank with a few guppies, plecos, and some shrimp. Tank is planted and cycled. Anyway, I just recently introduced a new food for my guppies and the day after I fed it Shakira (my betta) seemed kind of bloated. I went into a google frenzy and got worried about dropsy, but I know that realistically he’s going to get some of the food that I feed the guppies and it just may have not agreed with him and now he’s backed up. He was doing fine with what I’d been feeding the guppies before, but the timing of him being bloated just seemed like it coincided with the new food. He’s not at all lethargic, but appetite is decreased for sure. He usually eat Betta Bug Bites, bloodworms, brine shrimp, and the fairly basically pellets my guppies get and I also see him snack on algae in the tank. I noticed the bloating 2 days ago and have not intentionally fed him anything since tonight I offered his usual faves and he wasn’t overly enthusiastic. Reading online got me scared so I just wanted some advice. I think he could also just be fat asf, but the lack of appetite threw me off and of course being anxious and stupid I effectively fish edition webmd’d his symptoms and totally freaked out. Let me know what you think and if you have any advice!
Water Plant Terrestrial plant Fish Underwater

Plant Water Organism Terrestrial plant Fish supply

Plant Organism Fin Terrestrial plant Fish

·
Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
3,467 Posts
He really doesn't look bloated at all. My boy had a lack of appetite once, and after some feedings of frozen daphnia, he was like a pig again, so it's something you could try with your boy too. If you don't want him to eat the guppy food, then feed the guppies and the betta at the same time, in different places in the tank. And don't panic, he definitely doesn't have dropsy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts