Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! First, I would like to thank everyone for the wealth of information on this forum. I am a new betta owner(got Sake on Friday) and this forum made sure I didn't put him in a half gallon plastic bowl.

He is in a 5gallon tank(the Fluval Chi) with 2 plants, a hiding 'cave', a heater, a filter(just the one that the Chi comes with) etc. He has been eating well. I give him 4 pellets (2 in the morning, two at night) and I think he would easily eat more if I gave him more.

The problem is he has not stopped glass surfing in the last 2 days. I have tried every possible configuration of lighting and he still won't stop. He is not flaring at all, I have never actually seen him flare, but he just swims in vertical circles only along one side of his tank. He does this thing where he swims through the space between the 'rock on' sign and the glass(picture attached). Don't know if that's what keeps him going round and round or if he's following his reflection. I read on the forum bettas do this when they are bored but there's no way he could be bored already, right?

When should I start worrying about this? He seems healthy otherwise. Also, he hasn't gone into his cave yet, except one time when we switched on the lights at night suddenly.

Sorry if I'm being paranoid. But I am known to kill even bamboo plants(that supposedly are easy to keep) and I really, really want Sake to be ok.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Follow up question, the current plants I have(the two you see in the picture) were just impulse buys when I knew nothing about plants. As I am planning a shopping list I have been consulting the plant guide on this site. However, could someone help me identify these two plants? I would really appreciate it a lot.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! I got plants for him and he seems to love them. His glass surfing has reduced a lot and he just kinda chills behind the plants. Again, thank you so much everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.